Colonial Lifeways Program
The Europeans that settled in the Chesapeake Bay region during the 17th century had to learn many new skills to survive. Explore how 17th century Maryland colonists adapted to their new home. Students begin by examining historical drawings, artifacts, and replicas. In addition they will grind corn using a wooden mortar and pestle, learn how to start a fire using flint and steel, and make a cedar shingle using a beadle and froe.
- Organization(s): Jefferson Patterson Park and Museum
- Location: 3200 King's Landing Road, Huntington, MD 20639
- Theme(s): History and Culture
- Level(s): Elementary School, Middle School, Early Learning
- Program Length(s): Day Trips
- Rate this!