Stanley Norman Skipjack Program in St. Michaels
The Stanley Norman, one of the last of the Chesapeake's famous fleet of skipjacks, provides an authentic setting to study the Bay's resources. Originally built in 1902, the Stanley Norman is an unforgettable venue for participants to dredge for oysters, test water quality, and imagine what it was like to work on a 65 wooden sailing vessel. CBF instructors utilize activities to deepen participants' understanding of local ecosystems and give relevance and depth to the classroom curriculum. Our goal is to actively engage students and promote higher order thinking skills by learning through active experience.
- Organization(s): Chesapeake Bay Foundation
- Location: 213 North Talbot St., St. Michaels, MD 21663
- Theme(s): Habitats and Critters
- Level(s): Early Learning, Elementary School, Middle School, High School
- Program Length(s): Day Trips
- Rate this!