Funding Opportunities for Physical Fitness & Outdoor Time
- Raise awareness and funds! For example: A community walk or run with a modest sign-up cost, or an active relay for which students collect pledges, will help communicate your goals. Any event can help you publicize your efforts!
- Hold a fundraiser to purchase supplies to get kids outside! Items for your “wish list” might include:
- Equipment for active outdoor play
- Garden supplies such as shovels, rakes, plants and seeds
- Outdoor investigation tools (magnifying glasses, binoculars, nets and guides)
- Visit Acorn Naturalists for a wide selection of outdoor exploration & education items
- Fundraisers could also be a strategy to raise money for outdoor field trips!
- SuperFit School Challenge: Fundraiser encouraging healthy behavior
- Carol M. White Physical Education Program: Grants for School P.E. Programs