Do you want to learn more about climate science, investigate innovative teaching methods and become part of a vibrant learning community?
If this sound like you, well then you should consider becoming a NOAA Climate Steward!
NOAA’s Climate Stewards Education Project (CSEP) provides formal and informal educators working with elementary through university age students with sustained professional development, collaborative tools, and support to build a climate-literate public that is actively engaged in climate stewardship.
Applications are being accepted right NOW!
You can learn more about CSEP and find out how to apply online, Watch the introduction to CSEP video on the CSEP homepage, the link to the online application is at the end of the video.
Certified NOAA Climate Stewards are eligible for:
- Mini-grant funding to develop and implement a climate stewardship action plan
- Travel stipends to attend and present at key professional development conferences.
- Special CSEP contests with monetary and educational resource prizes.
The Fine Print… If you decide to join this effort, you will be committing to:
- Complete and reflect on at least 15 hours of professional development (PD) training in climate science and education in 2014.
- Complete and reflect on at least 9 hours of PD training in climate science and education for each additional year you remain with the Project.
- Fully participate in monthly CSEP national and regional events during evening hours. National level events occur on the first and last Monday evenings of every month.
- Develop and Implement a climate stewardship project in your school, community, or organization, focused on mitigating the effects of climate change.
- Use the CSEP Wiki to post PD reflections, classroom activities in climate change, stewardship project plans, progress updates, as well as share resources, comments and results with other CSEP educators.
- Fully participate in CSEP evaluation efforts
Applicants will only be accepted until Friday, December 13, 2013.
Individuals selected to participate in CSEP will be notified by the last week of December 2013.]]>