Interested in teaching your students about climate change? Check out the U.S. Global Change Research Program’s Climate Change, Wildlife and Wildlands Toolkit. The kit, designed for both formal and informal educates, allows you to explore a specific ecoregion. In the Chesapeake watershed your region is either the Eastern Forests or Eastern Coastline. The kit will help you teach about climate change and how it’s affecting wildlife and wild lands and show you how to become a “climate steward.”
The Climate Change toolkit contains the following resources:
- Back to Basics – basic Q & A’s
- Case Studies – explain the regional impacts on climate change based on your ecoregion
- Activities for Students – science, social science, math, language arts, and art activities.
- Glossary of Scientific Terms
- Climate Change Wildlife & Wildlands Video – 12 minute video on climate change and its impact on wildlife and their habitats
You can download the toolkit online or order your FREE copy from the National Service Center for Environmental Publications at: 1-800-490-9198.]]>